Question-working with water soluble paper

MarsBars

Hi, I'm making some soap for my father's 57th class reunion as party favors. I decided to use M&P soap and insert some wording with water soluble paper.

I made my test batch and the wording bled very slightly. I saw some posts that stated theirs turned to blurs after a certain time.

I have a test batch that I completed three days ago. So far it hasn't bled any further. Does anyone know what cure time is considered "fine" so that I know my soaps won't bleed anymore? Is one week sufficient? Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks! :wink2:

Bumping this up because I'd like to know the answer to that, too. I made some last week with wording specific to a school where I'm doing a craft show May 4-5. I hoped that by making them 3 weeks in advance I would know by the time of the show whether they were OK or not.

Jane

UPDATE! I initially tried with an inkjet and they blurred terribly after about a week. Then this week I tried with a laser printer and so far they haven't even blurred one tiny bit! The first batch I did I was a little anxious and pulled them out of the molds after about 1 hr, the MP did blur slightly but not the paper. The next batch I did I waited overnight and they are crystal clear! I used M&P Crystal Clear from BB on top and Shea M&P on bottom. I'll post pics later today!