FOH/Fragrances by Design

bugtussle

Just when I said I wasn't buying any more samples, got 8 samples from FOH & 8 from FBD. They are really, really good, at least OOB. Tomorrow I will put some in wax, some in B&B. Really like the Baby Grace, Yuzu, Blk Vetyver Cafe, Lemon Sugar, well, I like all of them. Now I know why everyone's been raving about them. Have a # of Blue Sugar coming on their prebuy. Carole

Anyone know what the oils on Kim's pre-buy smell like? The Aqua sounds really good. I'm not familiar with Pier 1 scents. I know some of you have smelled the Choc Chip Cookie right? And what do the Jo Malone scents smell like? I've never smelled them before. Alright someone chime in here!

Missy

Thank you thank you!!!! You ladies really know how to make my rainy day sunny!!! :) Ok...to answer the million dollar question :) ... we FOH & FBD are 2 separate businesses run by 2 separate people. Denise was originally a customer of mine but this relationship in no time grew into a great friendship. Our little men play together and we do things together. Denise began selling her products and we talked because she wanted to get into selling soaping supplies...this is how she started selling wholesale. Then she came to me and said she wanted to try a few fo's...she loves designer scents and there are so many that I can't carry...so we thought we would split them. I'll be continuing to carry the oils I have and more...but she is going to try and stick with mainly designer perfume oils which so many of us want...including me but I just don't have the room for everything *smile* :D So...between the 2 of us...we are going to try and bring in as many fo's as we can ... we only live 10 minutes away from each other so combining orders is easy for us. That way all of our customers save on shipping. Plus with shipping costs always increasing...it's best to combine when possible.

So...I already have your interest with my pre-buy huh?? :) Boy...I haven't even posted it yet *giggle* ... they are a few that I'm loving so I thought I would do a pre-buy so that everyone can save some $$ Aqua is a really cool water scent. I've had many ask for water scents for soy and when I walked into Pier 1 and smelled this...loved it! My husband really likes it too! Very clean!! For those of you that loved the old Choc. Chip Cookie...this one is dead on but in my opinion better :)

Hope this answers some questions :)

Have a super day ladies and thank you for all the compliments!!!

Kim

Thanks Kim. Yes, I went to your website and found the pre-buy. I hope I didn't jump the gun but I'm always checking out your website to see what's going on. I love love love your oils! I'm sure I'll be in on this pre-buy too! lol

Missy

I got my sampler pack and had to instantly make up batches of candles to test my oils lol

I used 1 oz of the Tahitian Vanilla spice to 16 oz of melted 415 (100% soy) wax to make ME a candle in my 16 oz wide mouth jar. I LOVED the smell of this OOB.

Well I went to check my candle yesterday after letting it cure for a few days and I had oil seeping out the TOP of my candle and laying on the wax. I have never had this happen on any of my candles.

What happened? :undecided Anyone have this problem before?

Hi Jami!

Just a question...#1...did you weigh the 1 oz. out...because this one is a very heavy oil...so what looks like 1 oz. could actually be 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 oz. fo weighed. When I use this one with my IGI 6006...I use a wire whisk to incorporate it with the wax because it is so heavy...have to do this with the Madagascar Vanilla Orchid and Creme Brule too.

Hope this helps you!!!

Kim

Fragrance Oil Heaven

Hi Kim -

I have a digital scale. I put my little shot measuring glass on it, hit tare then pour the oil so I get a "true" weight, same thing with my melted wax. When I blend the oil with my wax, I use a little wire whisk and stir for 3 or 4 minutes to help bind the wax with the oil with all the candles I make.

I did pour 4 or 5 tarts with the excess and when I checked them a little while ago, there wasn't any "seepage" on the tarts so I am kind of baffled.

On a good note, it does smell great :D lol I am going to try the Madagascar tomorrow. I am not a floral person but love this scent. Thanks for sending it!

Why is it men think the peanut butter brownie pie stinks but women love it? :o This one is sure strong cold, I don't think I need to burn it at all, just let it sit on the counter with the lid off lol.

Thanks for the help!

Jami

Hi Jami,

This Tahitian Vanilla Spice is one of my very favorite scent and top seller.

Yes I have had experienced seeping oil out of it. Come to find that i needed to pour the oil into hotter wax than normal and stir longer to incorporate it fully.

I used 100% bluegrass soy. Now I use 50/50 blend. Do not give up on this.

it's absolutely one of the strongest best vanilla spice I ever tried and I love it!!! Give it a try in hotter wax and stir longer, You'll love the result :)

HTH

Dani

Thanks for the info Dani.

Now for the big question lol should I melt the candle back down since its a 16 oz candle and try it again or will that kill my oil that is in it?

I loved the smell out of the bottle and really want to make this one work! :D

Thanks for the info Dani.

Now for the big question lol should I melt the candle back down since its a 16 oz candle and try it again or will that kill my oil that is in it?

I loved the smell out of the bottle and really want to make this one work! :D

YOU BETCHA...THAT'S WHAT I DID.....LOL Sorry I shouted. :D

go ahead and melt it down, stir and stir and stir...

it'll work ... Let me know how it work. I so love love this fragrance!!

It's one of my favorite!

Dani

The Tahitian Vanilla Spice is a great oil! I haven't had seepage on this one but I have had it before and I found it was because I used to much FO. You measured so that couldn't have been it. Melt that baby down. It couldn't hurt. Did you wipe it off and it's still seeping? Just to play it safe though, you had better remelt. I love Kim's oils! They are wonderful and I find the longer I let them cure the stronger they are.

Missy

I just wanted to add an oil that you might be interested in. Kim's Amber Blush (BBW Sensual Amber dupe)-dead on!!!

I am a huge fan of this scent, wear it everyday, and I am thrilled that I can have my girfriend make me up my goodies now w/ Kim's oil!!!

I also wrangled and oz. off of her to try in a jar...:drool: