Plastic T-light cups

Have read lotsa back and forth on this... I have used them both to pour soy and palm tealights as well as citronella and plain paraffin ones I bought from the Dollar Store (if they come in the metal cups, I usually remove them and put the tealight in a plastic cup). Never had a problem until...

I had the first one melt recently. Normally, I burn them in a close-fitting tealight holder, but on this occasion, I burned it inside a bisqueware candle holder. The heat must have built up a lot more than it does in the flat glass tealight holders we normally use 'cause it was a mess in there! :shocked2: TG I noticed it and extinguished it before it got any hotter and caused the candle cup to fracture! We burn a lot of tealights and this is the first one we have ever had melt the plastic tealight cup. So I'm a believer now and only use the plastic ones in close-fitting tealight containers.

I use the clear tealight cups, CD 3 wicks and 100% soy wax. I have been making my tealights to match the scents of my tarts for an "extra" kick.

I have no problems at all using them in my tart burners.

Hope this helps some!

Jami

I learned last year that they absolutely have to be put on a flat surface also, or the tab will heat up too much and melt the bottom of the cup and start a fire. I couldnt find the pics to show you what they looked like...Idont know what I did with them.

just be sure to put them in a cup with a flat bottom, if the bottom is curved they will melt.

Other than that I have had no issues with them at all.