? about milky way molds

cowgirl

I finally got all my supplies in so I could use my milky way molds. I have read conflicting things about these molds. Some threads say to use mineral oil if soaps won't release, other things I read say NOT to use mineral oil. Others say to put in the freezer others don't. What is the real deal I am confused. Any comments would be appreciated

annettra

The instructions that came with my Milky Way Molds says to place in the freezer for 1/2 hour to help release. They do give a recipe for melting one part paraffin wax by weight then mixing in 3 parts mineral oil or baby oil and apply to molds as a soft paste although I haven't tried that.

you got instructions? surely there can't be that much to it, i just didn't want to waste time, i sure didn't get any with mine. well !!! i am dying to use these molds. i think i am going to use them w/o anything and go from there. i had to order supplies from 3 different places so i am itching to get something accomplished today. thanks shannon

I don't grease mine. Sometimes the soap comes out on it's own, sometimes it doesn't. Put in the freezer for half an hour then either let them 'defrost' on the counter or table UPSIDE DOWN...if the fall out...cool...if not, run hot water on the back of the mold then invert them and they should fall right out.