GB 444 issues

Well I got my gb 444 wax today and made a few batches of candles to see how I liked it. I am not off to a good start.

I have poured candles ranging from 140 down to slushy. I have alot of frosting that I didn't have with my other soy. Once I poured, I put them in a box, covered them with another box to cool slower (which I noticed did help the candle cool down slower) and not one candle has a smooth pretty top. I have some sink spots and alot of wet spots too. I use color crystals from Make Scents but I even poured some without color. They frosted too.

For those who use it, what is the best way to recognize when its ready to pour without standing there holding a thermometer?

I touched them all up with a heat gun and the next test is going to be to see how the hot and cold throw is.

Any advice on using this wax would be appreciated :D

Hi Jami, I too recieved my GB 444 today but did not try it. I think we had some good advise from the last thread that you started "how many times have you changed wax? Tomorrow I am going to test Peaks birds of paradise, and pink sugar, two in each type of wax, my ecosoya pure soy and my new GB444. Im not so excited after seeing your post. I hope you notice a difference in hot throw, let us know.

Natalie

Natalie, don't let my thread deter you. I have seen alot love this wax. I just have to get the quirks down and I know it has to do with pour temps. With soy it was easy to pour in the slush stage and get nice candles. Since this wax has a higher pour temp, I just have to figure out where that is lol I am even wondering if the weather had something to do with it because we had bad storms tonite. I am going to give it a try again tomorrow.

For what its worth, some of the candles zapped out nice with my heat gun and the cold throw is GREAT.

I can't wait to hear how good your candles turned out :D