Just a little pick me up..

I went into the local mall's dreaded Y----- C----- shop today just out of curiosity, I don't see what the big deal is. I know my candles smell better than theirs and from reading all the posts on this forum and seeing how much people care about every aspect of the biz, I know yours do, too.

plus they had wet spots and frosting galore

Just my little observation. hope I'm not out of line

Nancy

Eh YES Yank's prices are high and they don't burn well either! Forget the scent throw.

I started making soy candles because I simply couldn't afford their prices, but loved their scents.

BUT- when I started making my own and realized how much they cheat people out of scent throw, I will never go back to paraffin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same with Party Lite...

Walk into a candle shop that sells Yankee and see what happens!

DOLLARS flying right outta your pocket!

Why bother? Make your own and sell a few to make things even out. :wink2:

Funny you mention scent throw. The guy I am dating can only tolerate Yankee candles. According to him, mine are too strong and he asked me to make him a candle with their oil so he could use mine. Yeah--not going to happen, I'm not compromising my quality no matter how cute he is.

Funny you mention scent throw. The guy I am dating can only tolerate Yankee candles. According to him, mine are too strong and he asked me to make him a candle with their oil so he could use mine. Yeah--not going to happen, I'm not compromising my quality no matter how cute he is.

Good for you!!!! He will come around to your candles soon,,you will see.:D

I think Yankme got cheap over the years. Their candles used to be super-strong, but the last time I had my hands on a Yankme candle (about 4 months ago), it was the pansiest candle I'd smelled since those cheapass ones from Betty Crocker.

I was visiting one of my old HS buds yesterday, and his Mom used to own a craft store. She loves candles, and told me about how she loved the smell of Yankme candles, but didn't like tht it sooted so badly and didn't burn all the way across. Then mentioned she burned one of mine her son gave her, and she loved that it was fully consumed.

I heard that Yankme uses a really soft inexpensive paraffin that looks awful and burns worse, but holds a decent amount of FO.

geek

Well I actually like the way the smell. Pretty strong to me especially their tarts. But yes more pricey. I love my candles but I can't take away from YC or any other brand that are great sellers. Meaning, I love mine and theirs and I don't feel the need to diss theirs because of this that or the other. (theirs=any brand).

I always loved Yankee's and love the new scents they pick, not all but most. Wish I had their FO supplier working for me. When I use to get a Yankee candle I would be thrilled same as when I gave them for gifts. I like my soy better than their paraffin but still love their scents.