KY Perfect Blend or Para/Soy Blend

I am so ticked off. I have been using Joywax for a while, I had bought several cases because I did fundraisers. Well I just bought a new case, and it STINKS!!! I am so mad, it cracks, won't cling to the jars and has absolutely no throw. The old Joy wax, I would get major throw from. I called them and they suggested that I add 1 oz crisco to the wax per pound. I am very disappointed in them; That said, Kycandle supply is close to me. What is your experience with their perfect blend or their para/soy blend? I have been looking at Just Scent Para/Soy blend as well. Would love to know your thoughts.

Sonya

I hate to disagree but I had problems with the perfect blend in containers. It made the UGLIEST candles yet lol I had all kinds of spots where it didn't adhere to the glass even after warming the glass and following Vickey's instructions. I had a little cracking on top too. I know others who had problems and others who didn't so it wasn't completely something I did wrong.

On a good note, Vickey did say they have a new Perfect Blend coming out in a couple weeks that will be much improved and softer so it will adhere better and no cracking. I will definitely try the new perfect blend when it comes out.

I do like her parasoy blend for my tarts.

Jami

I think that is pretty crappy that they told you to add crisco to it. That is their way of saying "add this and shut up about it!" I would check around. There are so many suppliers that carry parasoys. Smaddox pull up all the postings about parasoy on this site and you will see so many people who have posted what waxes they like and dislike and testing results. It may lead you to the right one. Or just blend your own. If you have to go through the trouble of adding crisco you might as well make your own blend.

KY perfect blend is PERFECT!! BEST!!! u'll love it

and the para/soy is AWESOME

i only use ky wax for all my wax need. it's best in my opinion!

grab yourself 10lb for starter and try it out.

the perfect blend is easy to wick to.

hth

Dani

I agree. I just love this wax.

I just started making candles a couple of months ago and I really like this blend. Ky customer serv is really good also. I have had no problems.

I have used the parasoy from KY and I like it alot. If I had my choice, money no option, I would buy the GL parasoy. But for the price, the KY parasoy is very good stuff! And they are much closer to me than GL. I use the parasoy with FOs that don't smell quite right in soy. For some scents, they do throw better in a parasoy than plain soy.

your geek :grin2: