Picture luminary problem

Has this happened to anyone, the picture looks great but when lit I can see a mark straight down the picture, maybe even two and I believe its the chopstick I use to hold it in place until I start icing, I am thinking I press too hard??? I really have no idea except that. I move the stick with the ice and then back and forth to smooth. Anyone help??

Sure sounds like marks from your chop sticks. I use them also but haven't had this problem. Don't know what to say except to keep moving your chop stick instead of holding in one place too long. You just need to practice this. I use the chop stick to position the picture and smooth it against the mold. Then starting in one lower corner to hold the picture as I use the ice. But I never hold the chop stick for any length of time in one place. If you continue to have problems you might consider using a spoon but personally I prefer the chop stick.

Melt it down and try again. Good Luck

I'm just about to do another one of these photo hurricanes.

My picture is quite a big one, its on square paper and because I can't see thru the mould I've made it as tall as the mould virtually, so I know the writing is straight if the paper is sitting on the bottom of the mould (make sense?)

Only problem is I have to try somehow to make sure the whole lot stays against the side of the mould whilst setting and no corners come away!

Can I ask what you mean by 'using the icing'?

I use a square metal spachula and dip my picture (paper) in the wax first..let it cool a little then insert it again when I get ready to use the ice. The ice is so much better than using a cold rag :).

Bianela