Seriously, stop me lol

traceyy

Well it seems I am going to make soap! I am open to hp and cp I have made cp before a few times.This is what I have on hand-lanoilin, mango butter, cocoa butter refined, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil I think that is it. I know I can get lard and stuff from Wally world. Are these anything that I can sub for stuff in this recipe-

HP soap

10% Castor Oil

20% Coconut Oil

30% Palm Kernel Oil

20% Shea Butter

20% Grapeseed Oilor

this recipe for cp

50% olive oil (no need to get extra virgin; light olive oil is great!)

25% coconut oil (Lou Ana brand at Super Wal-Mart is perfect)

25% lard

Any thing in these recipes that I can use the oils on hand instead? With the cp recipe, correct me if I am wrong but I thought olive oil recipes have months and months for cure time?

One more question and I will leave you all alone, for coloring soap, what do I need?

Any soap recipe can be used for CP or HP.

You can use all of the oils you have in soap. You to get a cleansing/bubbling oil in there; coconut is fine. Your cocoa and mango butters are hard oils; you want 50% hard oils in your recipe. Coconut is a hard oil as well. I use 5-10% butter in all my soaps. Lard is another hard oil, you can also use palm. Lastly are your conditioning oils. Jojoba and almond are both conditioning, almond more so. You can get sunflower and safflower oils in the supermarket. They are nice in soap too. The castor can be gotten in any pharmacy and is a real bubble booster. I use it all the time. As for the olive oil, it's 90-100% olive oil soaps that require a long cure.

Try this:

10% butter

15% coconut

25% lard

10% almond

40% olive

If you get the castor, reduce the olive by 10%.

HTH,

e

I just got back from an all day adventure-went 40 minutes away with 2 toddlers in tow, to Lowes to get lye, went to Walmart to get a crock pot and castor, they had avocado oil there too btw, than went to a different Walmart for a mini loaf pan that I KNOW i saw there before but they didnt have one, neither did the 2nd walmart ughhhhhh. Which is ok because I still have my 2lb mold from when I cp'ed a few times. Just got home and NOW!!!! I have to go to work =o(Maybe tomorrow................

Ok I have read and read and read lol only problem now is I think I read too much! So I think I figured my first soap recipe. Any comments appreciated

Olive 30%

Castor 10%

Coconut 15%

Lard 25%

Almond 10%

Mango 5%

Shea 5%

Hardness 32

Cleansing 10

Condition 63

Bubbly lath. 19

Creamy lath. 31

Iodine 64

INS 138

If anything doesnt look right PLEASE let me know! I am going to make CPHP hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday. I bought Tumeric sp? to color and now have to figure the scent. With HP how much scent do you use? I know I read that it is half the amount as cp but I dont know how much the rule was with cp? I also couldnt find the mini loaf molds I wanted so I picked up a cake pan and some parchment paper-can that be used with hp? I am guessing yes. Again any help appreciated. Sorry if i am a pita!

This looks like it will be a softish bar at first, but very gentle and non-drying. Your lather will most likely be creamy and dense, with not too many big fat fluffy bubbles (not a problem at all). I'd definitely give it a whirl! It will need several weeks to get nice and hard, but it still looks like a recipe worth trying. :) Good balance between hard and soft oils.

Edited to add: I'd use at least .5 oz. per pound of oils on scent, if not more. You could go as high as 1 oz. of scent per pound of soaping oils. :)

OK read some more. I played around with sooz some more and this will be my soap lol

Castor-10%

Coconut-25%

Lard-25%

Olive Oil-30%

Mango butter-10%

Hardness 40

Clean 17

Cond. 55

Bubbly 26

Creamy 32

Iodine 55

Ins 156

I went through all the sooz tips and this one seems to be right in between. I am now going to clean my kitchen and print out what I need. Than I should be off to cphp!