shrink wrap question

This is probably a silly question, but how do those of you who use shrink wrap seal your edges before using the heat gun? I know there is a bar sealer available for this exact purpose. I was trying to save a buck and did not purchase one when I purchased the shrink wrap. I am switching over from cello bags to shrink wrap on my novelty candles. I tryed sealing it with the heat gun itself and ended up with a hole in the top. I am leaving the bottom open a small amount for smelling, but wanted the top closed tight. I was thinking of trying an iron with a towel to close the tip. Do you think this will work? Any suggestions would be great. Those bar sealer are pretty expensive.

The impulse sealer that I brought was not expensive at all and it's best tool ever...I believe i paid around 30 bucks with shipping for 8inches sealer

now before I had this best toy..lol

I used my food saver...it has that sealer and it works like a charm but takes forever lol

try skinny curling iron to clamp seal it..it should only take like a second....it may work that was gonna be my next option after the food saver...lol

but i caved in and brought the impulse and it's God sent and well worth the money.

Dani