Personal Craft Show Experiences

clane

Ok, years ago I did the craft show circuit and for some reason I thought I would not have to pay my dues twice once I got back into candlemaking. What I am learning tho is that a website is great except, quoting a friend that has the most profound common sense, "well, most people like to smell them before they buy for the first time" lol. Believe it or not, I actually had not factored this into my business plan... So, what I have found is that those folks around me who have smelled the products order well and the web site is great for them but to increase my market base, I am going to have to do a few shows I guess. Ugh! I am looking for any suggestions out there to streamline this process. Displays, finding the right shows in Northern Ohio, how much product to prep, etc. I would really appreciate the input!!!

Hands on always seems to work the best for fragranced products. We've got a stickied thread on craft show tips, have you seen it?

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4789

One thing you might do on your website is to offer inexpensive samples, like tarts or scent chips or something similar. A try before you buy type of thing. You could also refund them the cost of the samples on their next order over $x.

I love shows.