Buyers Out There?

tx twister

I don't think there are "buyers" for us small chandlers. You probably need to go out & "sell" your product, give out samples, brochures and then follow-up with them. I have given away many candles to get my wholesale customers. If you have a good product, you can get accounts. Good luck. Carole

What is anyone's most uniqe idea for generating individual customers? Years ago I had a physical shop and I was in the right place at the right time and an opportunity fell into my lap. A new pizza place had started up in town and was going door to door in the business district handing out try-free coupons to generate lunch trade. I made a deal with them that 1), if I tried their pizza and it truly was good; and, 2) that if they let me come in on Friday and Saturday evening the upcoming weekend and tape a flyer to each pizza box being delivered that I would spread the word to all of my customers and foot traffic.

It ended up their pizza was really really good and I did get to attach my flyer and my free marketing idea hit my perfect target market: folks home on Friday and Saturday night, ordering pizza and enjoying a good movie. The perfect candle-burner!

Now, fast forward, after a 15 year hiatus, I have a virtual shop and looking for ways to generate more sales. The competition is stiff out there. A few days back I put together an order form, price list, catalogue and a free sample and delivered 14 sets at random on my street and I have a couple of virtual candle parties in process but am looking for any ideas folks have. It would be appreciated!!!