fleximolds ?

I just recieved my electric sugar cone willow tree mold from fleximolds...I know alot of you order from them so you may know which one I am talking about. I am wondering how to add the darker color to the impression of the willow tree? It looks like the candle is colored DIRTY. I am guessing that you would rub some darker coffee brown liquid dye...right?

I take brown shoe polish ... the solid kind that's in a can ... and rub it in. You can also stencil your own design on a pillar candle (I buy my stencils from Walmart or ACMoore). I use a skewer to make the impression of the stencil on the candle and then rub with shoe polish to darken it. It's fun and comes out very nice.

I take brown shoe polish ... the solid kind that's in a can ... and rub it in. You can also stencil your own design on a pillar candle (I buy my stencils from Walmart or ACMoore). I use a skewer to make the impression of the stencil on the candle and then rub with shoe polish to darken it. It's fun and comes out very nice.

This is a great idea. But...I have a question about the shoe polish.

Does it still stink real bad?

My dad always used that to shine up his shoes and everytime he did

I used to pick the can up and sniff it. What can I say...I liked the smell :laugh2:

But anywho....Does that stuff still have a strong odor and does it interfere with the candles scent?