J223 ?'s

Lisa

I use this for 8 oz jellies and I use 1 -1.5 oz No more cuz it will seep. As for temp I heat to 165-175. Then I pour into my pour pot and add scent, then stir till I see that it is mixed well. At that time I add the color, (I do this last cuz it's difficult to see if FO is blended well with color in) Of course, thios is personal preference. With J223 I found that it's better to heat Jars, and let them cool slowely in a box to LIMIT wet spots. As for help I believ this board has a good section in the Basic instruction site. Also, read the tip section of this message board. Hope this helps

I use 223 in 18oz antique jars. I add FO at 155-160 and pour into heated jars when the temps go below 150. I have found that if I keep them out of the box I get fewer wet spots than cooling in their box. With this jar I do get craters and holes. It is not a one pour with this jar. It is with my shorter terrance or keepsake jars. So I poke a few holes and heat gun the tops. Kinda a pain but I really like the jars. Plus, I can reduce whatever wet spots I get at this time. I use no more that 1oz FO with 15oz wax to get 1 pound total. If a FO isn't strong enough at that strength, I don't use it.