Champaca, Frangipan and Nag champa - the same?

ubure

Please help me! A customer wants to have a champaca scent, but I'm not so sure, waht champaca really is. I've read it's like frangpani, other say it's very close to Nag Champa. Can you tell me what it really is and where to get it (for soy)?

Thanks a lot!!

Hi Inez

I searched for Champaca and from what I read is an indian variety of magnolia.

look at this link:

http://www.hear.org/starr/hiplants/images/thumbnails/html/michelia_champaca.htm

Frangipani is another name for plumeria:

Plumeria (common name Frangipani; syn. Himatanthus Willd. ex Roem. & Schult.) is a small genus of 7-8 species native to tropical and subtropical America.

I don't think they have something in common with Nag Champa.... but I could be wrong:tiptoe:

If your looking for fragrance oils, New Directions Aromatics Canada carry 2 of the 3. They also have a U.S. store.

I have Sweet Champaka, smells different from Nag Champa, haven't smelt Frangapini.

I've tried Nag Champa FO from another supplier(didn't like it) its not like the Satya Sai Bab Incence sticks that I burn and love.......yes I very much prefer my incense.:grin2:

Unless you know exactly the smell, its going to be very hard to find one that matches to what your customer wants.

Hope this helps,

SP