Would I be correct in saying....

Hi Kris. Have you made any pillars with the soy pillar wax? If so, how did they look? I have some, but haven't started playing with it yet. Thanks. Beth

Beth I am just starting to play with making pillars....and I love ther rustics....and thats wha tI want to make...but alot of my customers love my soy container candles..so I thought I should offer a soy pillar...but maybe not.

Kris

While it's true you will probably never get a true rustic from soy... you can get some rather interesting texturing with soy pillars. I personally liked the frosting that my parasoy pillars developed.... and if you pour them really cool and really slow, you can get jump lines that go all the way up the pillar -- doesn't sound like a good thing, but I thought it was pretty neat over the whole candle. I'll see if I've got any old ones around.... I'll post a picture if I find a good one.

Just a dumb idea. But could you paint the rustic look on a candle? May be worth a try just to see. I know some peeps here paint their candles. You will have to see what kind of paint to use.

Chauna

P.S. Hope the idea didn't sound to stupid. Could work though. I love soy too. I am going to PM you about something.