Is there such a thing as a single pour tart wax???

GRRRRRRRRRRRR

I've been using IGI4794 for my tarts. Love the throws on it....super hate the repours. DH says I should embrace my inner dimple. I just growled at him and told him to shut up. :P

I got some 4630 and used it at 25% w/ the 4794 last night. I poured to pretty crown at about 165 degrees and still we have dimplage.

Is there a single pour votive wax out there??? Is it hiding?? GRRRRRR

Donna

I have made 1000's+ of tarts & have never, never, wouldn't do a repour. I use 2/3 4794 and 1/3 6006 or any other container wax. I don't know what size tarts you are making, but I use the 1 oz with scalloped edges. The tops of mine could have a tiny dip or dimple, but that gives it character. My customers think they are great. When I make fancy tarts, like molded fruits, flowers, I use 2/3 4614 and 1/3 6006. They look great, but take longer to melt. Carole

Thanks for the ideas! I have decided that I definately like the blend of 4794 and 4630 better...almost creamier and smoother, if that makes sense. DH has convinced me to embrace my Inner Dimple and not do a repour. That will make my tarts just shy of 1oz...but I think I can live w/ it! :laugh2:

Hugs,

Donna

Donna,

I have the exact same problem with my tarts and am using the 4794. It's frustrating! I'm glad i'm not the only one. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong..lol I am going to try and mix it with some 6006 or 4627.. Thanks for the idea!! ;)

Sharon

The combination of pillar and container wax does help a great deal...also, pouring at a cool temperature will help to eliminate that dip you hate so much too. I use OK6228 and J50 and pour around 150-160 degrees...gives me nice smooth tops every time.

I thought about pouring at a lower temp, Fern.....but this last batch I did, I had a FO with a low flashpoint (132 degrees), so I let the wax cool down to 130, stirred in the FO and coloring, and poured just shy of 130 degrees. Still had dimplage. <sigh>

Dimples are cute....we love dimples. :wink2:

Donna