CPHP Failure

cbarber03

I made my first batch of CPHP the other night and it looks disgusting. I can't quite figure out what went wrong.:confused: When I was trying to put it in the mold, it was like sticky mashed potatoes. Now it's looks like, well, it's kind of hard to describe really . . . kind of like the inside of a pumpkin with the seeds is the best way I guess! Did I have it in the crock pot too long before molding?

Ok, I trimmed all the bars up last night with a crinkle cutter and they look much, much better. The insides were nice and smooth. It was the top, bottom, and sides that looked like the inside of a pumpkin. I still believe I did something wrong. I think I'm going to continue to experiment with the other methods of soaping. I've tried MP before, but just didn't find it to lather the way I want it to.

All of you experienced soapers have such beautifuly soaps by the way!!!! Maybe one of these days I'll be able to make a beautiful soap.

You didn't do anything wrong. That's what CPHP looks like. You do have to slam the molds down to be sure and get out the air too.

I use individual molds and don't always trim. I call them grubby soap and the people who like grubby stuff love it.

With work you can get a smoother appearance, though probably not ever as smooth as with CP. I smooth mine over with the edge of a credit card, oh and adding sodium lactate will allow you to have a more liquid pour. But I'm not good at it myself - there are HP gurus here (Eugenia comes to mind).

Thank you for your input. I made another batch of soap tonight, only this time I did the CPOP method. It's cuddled in it's mold and being toasted as we speak. CareBear, the credit card trick worked beautifully! I waited a little too long to pour into the mold because I was trying to get the color right for swirling, and the base got a little too thick on me. I also slammed the mold around a bit as Sudsy suggested. Hopefully this batch will turn out better. I'll post pics if it does. I know the color is going to be off. It was suppossed to be green, but turned orange:confused: Guess I need to get some better colorants to work with. I'm keeping my finger crossed this batch will turn out. Sprinkle some soaping luck dust my way, please!

Glad to hear you like the CC trick. Others use spatulas, but I cannot control those well enough. BTW, the credit card is also useful for scraping soap off of your mold, wax off the counter, and if you lose the scraper that came with your Pampered Chef stoneware the CC will do the trick!

I typically use my Victoria Secret credit card - for that certain something special LOL!