Candle Glaze by the bucket...

I just got a 3 bowl set by Versa Tainer in the paint department

I leave the candles sitting for a couple hours, occasionally moving them by the wick to a dryer spot...then after a couple hours set them on waxed paper, for a day or so.

I only do this outside when the weather is atleast in the 70's. You might have to trim the drips with a X-acto knife.

Most carvers use a half full 5 gallon bucket of glaze, dip your candle and then raise it out of the wax but not out of the bucket and spin the heck out of the candle to throw off the extra glaze. Blow on the surfaces also to get rid of any bubbles in the detail areas. I have seen them also stand there with a hair dryer and blow dry the glaze so it stops dripping quickly. Some people cut the glaze with water up to 50/50 its something everyone works out on their own I guess, no set rule. Once the candle has been spun you hang it up on a nail or hook and let the extra drip off. Not much saving the drippings, but the spinning takes most of it off for you. Keep bucket covered up until you dip the candle in it as the glaze can skin over if you don't. Lots of companies carry the dip on glaze so its just trial and error on if you add water or not. It's nothing more than a fancy commercial floor wax. (looks like it, smells like it, dries like it, and yellows over time like it) You can cut it with water just like you would if you waxed your floors. Like I said in another post lately, future floor wax is what alot of carvers used back in the day.

Bruce

• 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...