Newbie gives opinion on WSP

evesorto

I am new to the forum and candlemaking, in general. I thought, however, that I would post the oils I purchased from WSP, with my take on them, for those who might be interested. I used 2 oz in 1 lb of igi 4627 wax. I placed a * next to my faves

They are, as follows:

Grapefruit-Tart and sweet, very good throw

*Vetyver- awesome, masculine, very good throw

*Mango Sorbetto- excellent, dead on dupe to BBW, excellent throw

Apple Cinnamon- nice, good throw

Cinnamon Vanilla- very nice, good throw

Harvest- close dupe to BBW, good throw

Moonlight Path- soft, good throw but NOT a dupe of BBW

*Nag Champ- nice, excellent throw

*Peony- smells like florist, nice, great throw

*Vanilla Romance- An awesome vanilla (not like food), great throw

*Lime Basil Mandarine- Clean, nice, very good throw

*Nantucket Brian used in body lotion...great clean scent. Not yet in wax

I have also purchased the following but have yet to try them out:

Creme Brulee

Hydrangea

Tuberose

Glow

Rainforrest

Sweet Honeysuckle

Sweet Fig and Cassis

When I do, I will let you all know.

Eve

Thanks for the reviews! I only have a few oils from WSP and have only tried two of them. Pure Rain is a winner! The verdict is still out on Coconut, Lime, Verbena, though.

I was wondering about your usage though. I've only been doing this about 5 months or so, so I definately don't know much. But I do kow 2 oz per pound is a lot. The specs on that wax say it will hold a load of 10% or up to 1.6oz of FO. Are you having any weeping oils? Just wondering. I use IGI4794 and 4630 and only use 1oz per pound. Most of my oils come from Peaks, NG or SW though.

Just curious.

Donna

Yup, you're right, Eve....I see that now. I looked at Peak's site, which said 10%. I didn't even bother to look at IGI's site! LOL. If it works for you, I say run with it! If you do sell your candles, it may get cost prohibitive though.

Oh weeping or seeping or seepage...I don't know, I'm sure there is a "proper" term for it...is when you put in so much oil that when your candle sets up, the oils separate or like sweat out of it and puddle. Ew. :grin2:

Donna

One thing to remember is more FO does always mean more scent. If you are using that much FO you might not have to.

I was going to say the same thing (I think she meant "doesn't always").

Eve, if you ever do sell the 2oz pp will get really expensive (especially with the cost of WSP oils). You may get the same great throw with 1oz pp and save a lot of $$$!