GMH Disaster

valeriakr

Hi to everyone:

Well, yesterday when I get home I found this disaster. Let me start , On Monday I did a batch of GMH soap. I start by freezing the milk (commercial one)...when I mixed it with the lye it became like trace...but I tough it was normal so I continue with the soaping process. When a completed the oil mixing process everything looks fine. That was on Monday afternoon. When I got home yesterday and I went to unmold my soap and it have this oil pool in the top. I pinch it with a knive thinking that it didn't saponified, but I found a solid soap under the oil pool...so I took off the oil (like an once) and unmold the soap...and now I have this very oily "soap" cuz it lather pretty nice and smell good (I scented it with Peak Blueberry Muffin)...so the question here is if anyone have an idea what happen and if it ruined? :sad2:

uhmmm...maybe that was the problem, even do it smell great....does it is ruin...a mean can it be used a least for me..or this oily look will remain?...or should i dump it?

I'd expect the FO didn't behave. I checked on the old Peak list of FOs in soap http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=bathandbody;action=display;num=1086889010 and blueberry muffin wasn't recommended...

TY...it may be waste of good oils and butters if I don't use it..you know...mango butter, shea butter, hemp oil, castor oil, babassu oil...etc..etc...and also five or six Vitamin E capsules...lets se how it goes...TY again!!!!

The oil might soak into the soap in a day or two - just leave it out for a week and see. You might be able to use it for yourself only, though be cautious - if that's FO oil, it might be irritating to your skin. I bet it will turn out passable after a few weeks cure.