goat milk preservative info

you probably should look into EDTA as it is a food preservative for the goat's milk and probably should add another one, maybe Liquid Par Optima for the other ingredients. I can't give you percentages off the top of my head, you will need to do a bit of research on that one.

Milk based products are incredibly difficult to preserve, which is why I haven't added them to my lotion line at all. However, when one of my customers wanted to dilute one of my bases with goats milk, I researched it and spoke with several preservative experts, and here were there suggestions.

Use goats milk at no more than 10% of the formula. Then LiquaPar Optima was often recommended as a preservative, and it would need to be at the absolute maximum usage rate. Even then, it still is difficult. I know one recommended using two different preservatives to increase the overall effectiveness, but I don't remember off hand what the suggestion was.

Basically, preserving products with goats milk is difficult. It can be done, but research a ton, and test the heck out of the product. Good luck!