WSP changes again

Scent Cellar

I was going to order some things from them today, but after reading your guys comments I don't think I will.

I agree, I've deleted them from my saved 'favorites.' There's too many good guys out there to waste my time & hard earned money on a supplier w/ a crappy attitude & questionable ethics.

Susan.

Okay, here is my take on this. The flat rate didn't make sense for the surplus items. I really think they were trying to respond to a poll about their high shipping. Of course, I jumped on it already, was going to go again with the jars. How in the world would they be able to ship surplus that has to be not much above their cost and lose money on shipping? They are ridiculously cheap on their surplus packaging. I get incredibly good deals. Their shipping hurts, I agree, but overall cost of those items are still a fraction of what I have paid elsewhere.

Now, I do agree there are some things they haven't been able to figure out. Their flat rate fees for one thing, on bulk shipping. I spent a lot of time one day on the phone trying to get them to look at what they stated about shipping on their site. They were pleasant, for the most part. And in the end, they reduced my shipping drastically. But I told them that my decisions about my orders were affected by shipping costs, as are everyone elses. I haven't taken a look at whether they did change how they stated the shipping, yet. It was very misleading at that time.

But dang it, I was going to jump at the 6 oz jars before they changed it again. That would have been a super good deal. As someone said, that would have been pennies per jar, with shipping.

I spend a lot of money there. I do a lot of shopping around, though, and try to get the best deals at different places. Their high shipping has deturred me several times. But I have seldom received anything that I wasn't happy with from them. And I will say one thing for sure, they do excellent packing of glass. I have never received anything broken. Even large jars. Nothing crushed, they seem to use a lot of packing material. Gosh, I would have hated to buy the packing cartons for those 6 oz jars.

I would hate to see them jerk the surplus stuff. I have gotten large accounts because the cheap packaging allowed me to negociate prices. Or you can buy at much smaller quantities then say Containers and Packaging, for accounts that aren't that big.

I, for one, will stick with them. I am all for good deals. If it isn't, I don't have a problem going elsewhere.

Of course they were losing money by offering a flat rate shipping for every item possible! It was a stupid, ridculous move that they clearly did not think out. If this was the first and only problem with WSP I would stick with them as well. However, we all know that this is an ongoing problem with this company. It is clear that business sense is lacking and customer concern is minimal (I have still not received a response to a complaint email I sent on 1/28). I, for one, am not going to continue to do business with a company that can't adequately respond to a litany of customer complaints about shipping issues.