advice

We are doing our first fund raiser, for my kids school. I am only offeing two sizes of jars. A 10 ounce and an 8 ounce. I found two containers at fillmore containers. One is a frosted footed square jar the other is a frosted hurricane. The only thing is they can not guarentee that they will have the jars when I order them. I do not want to order ahead of time, because I do not know the amount I will need. Any ideas of who would have that type of jars. I am sending the flyers out the first week of April, they are do back April 16. I am delivering them to the school May 10 for pick up. Do my time frames seem ok? Has anyone ever done this? I am also thinking of offering a home delivery for $2.oo more. Only to our school distract. Alot of people cant make it to school to pick up stu ff. And of course the kids can not take it on the bus. I am also only offering 10 scents( (is that to much? to little?) Any advice would be great. Thanks and Happy Burning Cindy:confused:

I would never commit to a fundraiser unless I was sure I had plenty of the containers I was using. I mean had them in "hand." Most schools want a sample of what they are selling. Have you ever poured in the exact containers you are wanting to use? I would test all 10 scents in both jars. Why are you offering a 10 oz & an 8 oz? Those are very close in size. I would offer just one. I do 6 oz tins and 11 oz tureens. That gives a better choice. One at 6.00 & 1 at 11.00.

Sorry I am being critical, but it's very important you have everything in place before you print those order forms. I have done many fundraisers and if you want repeat business, it must go very smooth. Carole

Personally, I'd offer one size, give more fragrance choices and would never 'hope' you can get enough jars. Don't need to get a reputation for not delivering what you promise. If you have not already tested these jars, you don't need to be selling them. If you can, check with them half way through the fundraiser to find out how many have been sold and get those jars in.. that way you are ready to pour when the orders come and order the rest of the jars while you have already started the pouring.