I'm confused

MysticalMomma

I just read the CandleMakers page, telling about grade A and grade B.. I understand the difference, but now wondering on other suppliers like Millcreek, Just Scents (I buy from them) are grade A or B? Candlemakers site is a lot more for a LB than both of them, but their grade B is closer to MC & JS's price.

So, how do we tell the difference? I'm going up to Candlemakers this wednesday to check them out. I read Geek's post and about fell over when I saw they were in Hamilton..LOL That's really close to me..

I've only heard of one other supplier that does FO in grades(SOS), otherwise all the other suppliers sell one grade. I don't like a supplier that does FOS in grades because basically they are telling you that one is better than another. They should all be top notch. Are they cutting the lower grade ones?

I use JS an MC and have always thought their FO's strong. I do know that MC, BCN and Candlewic have the same manufacturer for most of their scents out here in Mundelein Illinois. A lot of smaller suppliers crank up their prices I have noticed with exception of BCS that knocks up the price when they are a best seller. You can't compare grades because you really don't know and not all suppliers tell you. I remember ordering from Candlewitch and paid a fortune. When I received the order they scent me these crappy scents in dirty bottles. A week later they shut down. I can see why! They wanted premium prices for crap! That is why sampling is great. I make one candle out of it and if I don't like it I don't buy more!

I absolutely agree. Suppliers that I buy samples and oils from had better give me their best when I first order a sample for testing or I bounce it without looking back. I pour really great fos and the price ranges from 8.99 to 22.00/lb. Many of the cheaper ones are just as unique as the more expensive. I trust my nose and my instincts and will not fool with grades. INHO Carole