too new

just to say hi this is my first forum:undecided so I really am new to all of this ,I have been making candles for a very short time ,I have been making soy containers:wink2: ok I know that this is going to freak some of you out but I didnt know better and started selling right after my first batch which I gave away then I find I should have tested and all kinds of stuff after I found this site I do have a shop so it was quite easy for me to do something this dumb :o but now I'm addicted:drool: "justcountry"

hi, new i am also just making soy candles about two months. I have made gel candles for over a year though. I have found with soy you must test. At first i made like 15 jar candles after the first one came out great. I didnt sell any i just let me friends and family take them home and test. Problem one was the wick i was using was to large and the candle wasn't melting right. Problem two was the hot scent throw wasnt great. Now i have just made a couple more and i am testing the batch and so is one of my sisters.

I love candles and want mine to smell great but to me safety is always first. Alot of pple help on here this site is great. welcome

I am a noob also and the testing is a royal PITA but worth it. I started making soy container candles a couple of months ago and only recently feel like I have my first candle that performs like it should. The tarts were easy though. I just added 3 tbsp stearic acid to the ezsoy and they turned out great the first time. I used twigs & berries from BC-what a nice scent! This forum has helped me so much. Have fun!:grin2:

:yay: well no one suggested I go to jail or hang ,Thanks Everybody for the welcome,Geek I have been called a corn fed country girl for a long-- long time don't guess that make me a free range noob but a tough ole (old) bird :laugh2: thanks for the advise City Grl ,Just Country