Concentrated Base

danny

I'll be watching this thread.....I was going to get on here and ask about multibases as well. I was at NG today, asking when they were going to get the multibase back in and it looks like they may not be. :( Darn! I really liked this stuff and didn't have any problems with it. I'm tempted to start learning to make my own lotions, but will need a good multibase in the meantime. (Great, now I have to test another one....thank goodness I had stocked up on the NG stuff) Off to search now! :tiptoe:

Oooh! Hey! This is me! I'm Lindsay Goodwin, the Owner of Soapers Workshop. I sell concentrated lotion bases, and it is NOT the EL1 base. These are concentrated bases that I make myself from scratch. Lotions are the first bath and body product I ever made (even before soap), and I fell in love with it, and have been making them ever since.

I typically sell my bases concentrated to save on shipping, just like you were looking for. My other specialty is you can create a custom base using exactly the oils you want. We're also launching a new pre-formulated cream (named Indulgence Cream, because it truly is!). It's not on the website, but a little bit about it real quick...It's got Olive Oil, Shea and Cocoa Butter, and Jojoba. It's rich and creamy, but absorbs incredibly quick, and leaves your skin feeling heavenly soft and smooth for hours! It's all I'm using right now! I know I'm addicted to it! If you're interested, contact me quickly, and you can still get into a pre-launch pricing buy (ends wednesday at midnight).

Anyway, about the concentration. I basically make them at a 50% concentration. In most cases, adding 1 part water to 1 part base will get you a normal lotion consistency. I say in most cases because depending on the oils chosen, that can be different. Solid oils will produce a thicker product with more body. A base with all liquid oils, or mostly liquid oils, for some people may be thinner than desired if diluted 1:1. But that's the charm of being able to dilute yourself. You simply slowly add distilled water to your base, mixing as you go, and stop when it's the consistency you desire. And as long as take good notes :wink2: you'll be able to repeat it with ease.

Our shipping is also next to impossible to beat. In testing out different packing possibilities, I discovered that six 32oz jars will fit into a flat rate box. These 6 jars make up 3 sets of our concentrated 64 oz base, which on average creates 3 gallons of lotion. Where else can you ship 3 gallons of lotion for less than $10.00?

We're still a fairly new company (launched last November), but it's far surpassed my expectations! What was intended as a side business is looking like it could easily become the main company! The response has been amazing! And I can say that our customers have been incredibly happy. Lindsay CB is on here somewhere, and she's ordered from me a number of times (I think she's addicted! LOL! Otherwise she just gets a kick out of doing business with a lady that shares her first name, and even both our husbands are Davids!)

We're also prepping for our launch of luxury lip balm bases (I make kick butt lip balms! :D) . And later this year, we're hoping to add lip balm flavor oils (I just received a box full of samples from a manufacturer this morning, and wow, I want these soooo bad! They are truly :drool: quality!), as well as some containers (like lip balms tubes and lotion or cream containers). So we're new, but we're growing, and we're definitely sticking around!

If you have any further questions, feel free to e-mail me privately (lindsay@soapersworkshop.com), or send a PM, check out our website. Lots of ways to reach me! We also were reviewed in The Saponifier (Jan issue). There's a link to a copy of the article on our home page. Sarah-Ann was awesome!

Okay, I've rambled long enough! Have a great day! Let me know if you have questions!