adding to M&P

jldorrington

Actually, you can go up to 2TBS pp or base oils with most things that you add. You need to be more careful with butters, because certain butters will have a negative effect on your lather, and that sucks. So.. my advice ALWAYS is experiment! Don't be afraid to try a little more. If it looks like it's gonna be too much of something, add some more base ;) But you will be surprised at how much you can add of different things, and oatmeal.. that's dry, so you can add quite a bit more than a TBSP of it pp of base! Go with how much exfoliating action you think you want! Just know that when you add it, the temperature will make a big difference in how it suspends.. if you add it and pour it right away, the oatmeal will sink to the bottom of the mold. You need to continually stir your base, add oatmeal, stir, stir, stir, leave for a few minutes, stir, stir, stir some more. Until it starts to be cool enough to suspend the oatmeal. Now.. if you want to make a bar that is exfoliating on one side, and smooth on the other, just dump the oatmeal in, pour your soap and you're good to go! :)

Hi!!

Has anyone heard of adding chocolate chips to m&p?

My sister said she bought some from a craft show,and adored it.

She ran out and can't remember the sellers name.

So she wanted to see if i could make some for her.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!!!:grin2: