coconut milk

MsDammit

I picked up a few cans of coconut milk(couldn't find the powder) and the ingredients are: Coconut milk, Guar Gum, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Metabisulphite. I've never used any kind of milk in my soaps or lotions-I want to try a lotion with it-and was just wondering if this is ok to use or should I have gotten the powder?

guar gum is a thickener polsorbate 60 is an emulsifier and Potassium Metabisulphite is a mold inhibitor.

If it is a lotion for sale, you won't be able to determine how much each of those ingredients are in the product, so your labeling will not comply with FDA regs.

If it is a lotion for yourself, go for it, but be sure to preserve it with a broad spectrum preservative.

Donna

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I don't think I'll try this one again. I made some on Sunday and have been using it since. This morning I noticed the scent has faded but there's a different odor to it, also my hands felt dry and itchy for the first time since I have been using it.