Spreadsheet for supplies, sales etc

Loretta

I have sold my first products over the Christmas period and I am really excited about it. I now have to get serious and organised. Has anyone got a sample of how they would make perhaps a spreadsheet of an inventory and a list of items supplied to a shop and then another spreadsheet to check each month what has been sold, I think that this is what I mean but I am sure you can tell I do not know what I amn talking about, just a beginner!!

I espect there is some sort of standard way of doing this?

I don't have any suggestions other than you could look at microsoft.com's templates (if you are using Excel or other Microsoft products). They may have some for inventory available for download. If you aren't using microsoft products they won't work but they may give you an idea how to set yours up.

Spend a little time with MicroSoft Excel...get an Excel for dummies book....

Excel spread sheet is not that hard to learn the basics. You probably already have it on your computer.

You work with it and just do the basics of a spreadsheet for tracking inventory..expenses..profit/loss ..whatever you want...

You can learn as you go and get as detailed as you want or feel is necessary.

Bill

Jacksonville Fla

I just discovered Excel on my computer. I'm lovin' it! So far I've got my supplies in there in alphabetical order, what I paid for them, where I got them, etc. I even broke down my F.O. into how much they cost per ounce. I have a column for how many of each product I have in stock, how much they cost to make, what to sell them for and what the profit is. If you have Excel, just start filling in the blanks and you will come up with a system made just for you.

By the way, I haven't actually made anything sellable yet but when I do, I'll be ready to track everthing.