Honey in CP

ladysj

I did a search on here but didn't seem to come up with anything. How much honey do you would you add pp of oils? I would like to add some to my GM soap. Also, for those of you that use the GM powder how much of this do you use pp of oils? I bought the canned GM to try for now. Wish me luck :D

You can use between 1-2 tablespoons honey ppo without any problems. Just don't forget that honey can make it overheat so you have to be careful with insulating it. As far as powdered milk goes...it depends on how much liquid is in the batch. Like, if I use 16oz of water, then I add however much powder it takes to make 16oz of reconstituted coconut milk. So if it takes 4T to make 16 oz of milk, I add the 4T dry at trace. Mix it with a little soap or water though so it doesn't clump. Milk soaps can also overheat so you have to be careful with that as well. Ask me how I know. ;)

Is that clear as mud? :D

You can also add the GM powder into you lye water. Just be careful not curdle the solution when adding the GM lye to the oils and butter. Make sure to soap really cool to avoid it. Some add ice cubes to the lye water to help. If your soap does turn that putrid orange color and smell horrible, the soap will probably lighten with time and that smell will cure out.