soy candles

Hi , i am new to soy candle making and i am learing a few things. First i used the wrong size wick and my candle would not burn down right and my wick turned into a mushroom.

i was wondering do you have to let the soy cool with the fo to get the best sent?. I want my candles to smell great. So far when i burn them they smell ok but not great.

thank you

thank you i have been pouring the wax straight and im losing the fragrance smell. i am also having the wicks not stick to the bottom of the jar maybe because the wax is to hot what do you think? i made gel candles for a while and to me the soy candles are just so much easier and less expensive to make .

I was using the hot glue gun at first and I found after burning some in one or two jars the wick would come loose. I was afraid it might happen to someone I sold them to. So... I am using wick stickums from Bittercreek now. They are great! I also use the wick tool. :grin2: