Round jars vs. square?

I've been using round jars exclusively (straight sided cylinders) and have found some great looking square jars that I want to try. They are pretty close to the same size in jar opening and are straight sided so I have a pretty good idea where to start my wick testing.

Just wanted to know if anyone has successfully used square jars and been successful getting into the corners without overwicking for the jar? Hope that makes sense? Are these a really big PITA compare to round jars?

In my experience, the square jars are harder to wick than the rounds. As a matter of fact, I am so tired of dealing with hang up in the corners that beginning this year I will be switching to rounds. I am going to continue using square masons for my wickless line because they are adorable and I don't want to completely give them up.I use J223 and zincs. Good Luck!Tammy

....but that is only my experience. I'm sure other people use them with little problem. They are just not working out for me with J223 and I would rather switch jars than wax.Give them a try before you give up the idea completely.

Are ya gonna let us in on your secret? Do you use soy?

No, I probably won't.

I blend my own parasoy wax, so my "secret" really won't help you much anyway since you don't use my wax blend. I'm not the only one that can wick these though, so if you did a search on square+mason+soy you might be able to get some interesting reading.

I use a taller jar than the masons, also squared, and the corners and sides do hang at the beginning but as the heat builds as the candle burns down, the hangup melts. Get total consumption at the bottom. Wick with that in mind and you also get a longer burning candle than wicking to get clean sides all the way down. I use 223 and lx wicks.

Sheryl,What do you do about the wet spots with J223? I LOVE this wax, but I am so tired of the wet spots. My jars will look good for a couple of weeks and out of nowhere...here they come. I pour at 150 into preheated jars and cool slowly in the oven after I turn the heat off. I am testing a new wax now but I hate to switch because J223 has an awesome appearance (other than those spots) and an excellent throw. I would appreciate any words of wisdom from anyone reading this post.Thanks,Tammy

Pardon my ignorance...but what is 50/50?

50/50 is a soy/para blend...50% each.

I'm not going to try the square masons. Mine are square, straight sided, no neck so am hoping will work. Good to hear that the corner hang up should catch up once I find the right wick.

I use GL 70/30 and have good luck in my round straight sided cylinders with hemp wicks (I double wick as my jar diameter is 3.5"