HELP mold stuck

I just made a palm pillar candle and can't get it out of the mold. I have researched on ways to release it but i am having no luck at all. This is what i did i sprayed pam in mold for release heated my wax to 203 degrees waited overnight to let it set I put it in the freezer because it wouldn't budge out of the mold, tried to release and it will not move. I read to put a hair dryer to heat it a bit to release but still nothing. I tapped it with a hammer and still no luck. I don't know if these pillars are worth all this drama. And another thing i got my wax from candlewic and i followed the directions for this wax and my candles do not come out having :cry2: the feathered look i have tried about 15-20 of them. I really want this wax to work because it comes out beautiful when they work but mine are far from beautiful. Any help would be great. Thanks , Lyndie

No i didn't try steric because i started off with a palm kit from candlewic and it didn't come in it so i had no clue to use that. I may order some but i sure won't be ordering from candlewic because just to ship a case of wax to me was almost $50.I don't think so. I will look for another supplier with better shipping rates.

i have made palm pillars and have never needed to add palm steric. It sounds like you did everything right, and with that high pour temp it should have shrank enough to slide right out. Are you sure the wax you used is for pillars and not containers? The container wax is designed to stick to the container and the pillar wax is designed to pull away.

Run very hot water (very carefully of course) over the outside sides of the mold for a while, evenly all the way around (turn the mold under the water). Thick leather work gloves help with this. The idea is to melt the outermost wax and then pull the excess wick on the open end of the mold to pull it out. Can take a while to free it up though, and it doesn't always work, but works better than freezing does.

I make palm pillars and every once and a while I'll get a sticky one, usually when I forget my mold release spray. I generally just melt it back down, spray my mold really really good and repour. I've also tried the hot water trick when I have a really bad one, that will work some times too. Never used the palm steric, but now thinking I may have to try it.

Good Luck, Heather