Which linen spray base holds scent best?

ubure

I need a really good base that holds the scent extremely well - no cyclo please.

I've tried ICS's base but am not very much impressed because scents seem to fade very quickly - or is there a trick I don't know about? Anything that strengthens the scent?

Thank you and all the best for 2007!!!!

I use ICS & like it very much. Are you using the suggested 1%. I use 1% with strong FO's, but do add a little more than 1% to the lighter oils.

Maybe I really should use more than 1 % fo. How long do you smell the scent after spraying? Or how long should a scent be smelled to say "this is a good linen spray"?

Each FO will be different. I know the strongest one I made was using ICS Linen Spray Base & thier April Fresh Downey. We sprayed the couches & I spritzed some on the baseboard heating & let me tell you, days later, when that heat comes up, I still smell it coming off of it. You can go a little stronger if it's not being used on your skin(their base is skin safe, but too much of a FO could be a problem), but if people are using it on their actual linens: sheets, pillowcases, etc.....you don't want the FO staining their linens. Especially with a darker or heavier oil. But I know for myself, I go heavier on the FO, because I know exactly what I'm using it on. Now I've bought Linen Sprays in stores & they are nice & strong, but they don't have an unlimited staying power either. I have to re-spritz. I don't think I was any help, was I:undecided ?

Oh, you were of great help! I never have used room sprays myself so I have no idea how long the avereage spray lasts in a room.

There are some room sprays left from my YC stuff and one hour ago I sprayed a big room with it. It is so strong I had to cough but it lasts very long (God knows what the hell they use but I'm not eager to be compared to them). I guess you have to use quite a lot of chemical stuff to achieve this - which is absolutely against what my wholesale customer wants (as natural as possible).

I've read in another thread that you are/were using the WSP base and you liked it well - is it better than ICS's?

Thanks again,

Inez

I use the linen spray from JS. No alcohol smell at all. And of course so FO's are stronger than others, but I have sprayed it on my furnace filter and everytime the heat comes on (for days) I can still smell it. The best part is the price and you really don't have to use very much of the base to make an 8oz spray bottle. Love, love, love it.

I use the linen spray from JS. No alcohol smell at all. And of course so FO's are stronger than others, but I have sprayed it on my furnace filter and everytime the heat comes on (for days) I can still smell it. The best part is the price and you really don't have to use very much of the base to make an 8oz spray bottle. Love, love, love it.

I've taken a look at this already - does it also have a good staying power when you just spray it in the air?

And did I get this right: the water - hazelwitch - fo recipe doesn't have much staying ppower, in any case less than a base?

• 2 weeks later...
Inez,

I haven't had any problems with the scent lasting a good while - of course some fo's are stronger than others. But I haven't had any complaints. Hope this helps you.

socscents,

thank you so much for the pm you've sent me!!:wink2:

Unfortunately, JS doesn't seem to carry this base any longer - what now??? I really need a base that stays clear:cry2::cry2: - maybe the one from WSP?