Melts/Tarts Question

I have read on boards that stearic can increase frosting. Maybe try them with just the BW. How much BW do you use? I use a little less than 1/2 oz per lb and don't get frosting. My problem has been with scent with Ezsoy. I wouldn't mind frosting if I got a great throw. I don't sell. Just for myself and friends and family. How much FO do you use for your tarts? I tried 1.5 oz per lb. and it was too much I think.

Oh really? I didn't think they would pop out if I didn't do the steric. Let's see last night I used BCN Lime Leaf and Lily at 8% FO load and got a fantastic throw. They look hideous but smell great!

I'll try again tonight with just the BW and then without both and see what happens. And I'll be more patient at wait for slushy. :)

I put them in freezer for about 7 to 10 minutes. No problem. I don't even use a mold release. I'm still new to soy. I think the BW hardens them up enough, so you don't need the stearic. I'm still in the testing stage with the tarts. They smell great. But the scent does not last long, only a day. I think I'll try less FO next time. I think I used 1.5 oz per lb. I only have a tea light burner and maybe it gets too hot. All burners all different. I really need to get an electric. Is anyone else just using 1 oz FO in their tarts? If so, does the scent last longer?

Kelly,

Sorry, I just re-read your post. You use 8%. I am going to try 6% and see if that helps. I make my tarts a light color. That helps disguise the frosting too. I do not mind frosting. When I used to buy soy candles. I actually looked for frosting. I knew they had a lot of soy that way.

Yeah I don't mind the frosting for my candles so much (except for in brown grrr), I just don't like it on my tarts. I'm thinking about switching to a pillar blends for my votives and tarts because I don't really like the soft feel that EZ Soy is giving me for my tarts and votives anyway.