Wick flopping to side of jar in melt pool

Has anyone encountered the situation where the wick flops to one side (up against the side of an 8 oz. jelly jar) when the wax melts and creates a 1 in. deep melt pool? It's a large Yaley "bleached" wick (cotton core) in new Clarus Stasis 3022 wax I'm testing. :undecided This is the second burn, and didn't have problem with the first burn (1 in.). Thinking it might be the wax as I've used this wick with the Ecosoya CB and never had this "limp wick" problem with that wax. Any thoughts, thanks?

Are you sure it is a cored wick?

The way you are describing the wick it sounds like a plain cotton wick with no core, and yes that wick would fall to the side because it has no core to keep it up-right.

You are so right, Candleman. I looked up the fine print on this batch of wicks and they are flat braid. Another lesson learned.

Thanks, Hope, for the recommended melt pool depth. I'm a real novice with wicking and appreciate your help!:smiley2:

Happy Holidays!

Thanks, Hope, for the recommended melt pool depth. I'm a real novice with wicking and appreciate your help!:smiley2:

Happy Holidays!

Glad I could be of service (insert hat-off-bowing-smiley here). Another common guideline is one hour of burn per inch of container diameter. Just guidelines though, actual results will vary. Have some great holidays too! :cheesy2: