joomla help

LaVida

I downloaded Joomla earlier this year but I dumped it because I didn't know how to unzip the file. :( There's 2 versions I can use, but I'm not sure which one I should download THEN how do I unzip. I found that Mambo was easier to play around with..... I need help, my site looks like crap :(.... So much for taking the easier way out.....

who are you getting your hosting through, if I may ask. :) I use site ground and they had the latest version of Mambo installed right on my site for me. Just an FYI - if you plan on using virtumart, it's best to use mambo - they don't have all the kinks out for using it with Joomla yet... ;) Virtumart is a dream and a nightmare all at the same time! lol I'm still getting stuff loaded on there but once I have it all done, it will be wonderful to work with! You can use coupons, have different shopping groups (regular, "gold" members, and wholesale are mine), and have shipping added right in (and fairly accurate too!). It seems a bit overwhelming at first, but for a small business (less than 5000 products), you don't even use half the stuff offered on there!

HTH some...

Life & Light!

Tish

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with yahoo builder or yahoo business. :( I would download the latest version of Joomla, if it were me. As for unzipping, I think a simple winzip program would be sufficiant but I'd check out the message boards on MamboForge and the like to see if there is any instructions on what exactly to do. If I remember correctly when I used Mambo for my old site, I unziped and FTPed the whole package at the same time... but that was almost two years ago and I have a hard time remembering what I did last month! lol

My best advice would be to try and find an answer on the joomla message boards. Link to Joomla Board...

HTH

Life & Light!

Tish