Peak users for FO and wax

Since I have heard so many great things about Peak, I want to order some wax and FO samples. I am only interested in making tarts and wickless candles. I do not sell. I only make them for Christmas gifts and myself. Since I do not sell, I would like to order from one place to save on shipping. Tried Ezsoy and BCN FOs, I am not getting the super hot throw so many of you seem to get. I'm getting a decent throw, but not great. Is there one wax I can use for tarts and wickless containers? If not, what would be the two waxes that would give me the best throw from Peaks? Also, what is the shelf life on wax? I use about 10 lbs per year. Only make them around the holidays. Also, will 1 oz of Peak scents really make a super strong throw?

The only way to know if you can get great throw from a certain fo at 1 oz. pp is to try it out in your particular wax. :) Poor scent throw might be related to the type of wax you're using, the rate of usage, the quality of the fragrance oil ... or candlenose might be a factor! The airflow in a room can make a difference. I've had customers tell me my candles suddenly stopped throwing, but when I asked them if they'd recently switched off the a/c or the furnace, they always say "Yes!" Heh heh Lack of air movement/circulation can even be a factor. When they switch back on the central air or the heat, suddenly my candles magically start throwing again. lol

At any rate, I'd be as objective as possible about throw. Walk out of the room, go outside, get several deep breaths of fresh air. Walk back in slowly, and note where you first caught a whiff of the scent. Ten feet away? Six feet away? Also, get OTHER PEOPLE to check for you! You might just be "immune" to scents like I am. heh heh

I don't know about using the same wax for wickless containers and tarts, but I suppose it could be done. Container waxes are generally made to be soft, have a lower melt point, and adhere to the sides of the containers. In contrast, votive/tart/pillar waxes are made to be harder and shrink away from the molds so you can unmold them. Perhaps you could use a container wax for the wickless, then add something to it that will increase hardness for your tarts?

Not saying it couldn't be done, but I'm one of these "use the right tool for the job" kinda people so I use different wax blends for different purposes I'm trying to achieve. :)

Hope that helps. Happy candlemaking! Or wickless and tartmaking, I should say! ;)