making rose clay cream soap but

beloved

Hope you all can help me. I am going crazy looking at all the different suppliersto find the ingredents for this cream soap. It sounds like it will be real nice. I still have to find so stuff and would like not to oder from more than one. Because of shipping. I need Optiphen, allantoin, panthemoland Potassium hydroside, and phenolphtlein. I have looked for days and i hope some one will end my madness. Thanks

First, Optiphen might not work in cream soap. Cream soap normally has a ph of 10-11, and most preservatives, including optiphen isn't enough at that ph. You can use Suttocide A which is good up to a ph of 12. Straight up Optiphen isn't all inclusive as a preservative. It doesn't protect against yeast and fungus, only microbial growth. http://www.ispcorp.com/products/preservatives/content/brochure/optiphen/optiphen.pdf

Check out the chemistry store and lotioncrafter for most of your ingredients. HTH! And have fun!

Some say no, it doesn't need it as the ph is too high for the bacerita, yeast, or fungus to grow. Some say yes, because sooo much water is introduced while it probably won't grow, it's still possible.

Me? I choose to preserve.

When do you add the perservative? At the very end or at the beginning? Sorry for the dumb questions? I find this very interesting. TIA