Waxhouse/Scentmaster

has anyone ordered from this company lately? www.waxhouse.com

i found a few posts on it from way back in march but not many people had ordered from them.

I'm looking mainly at their soy wax-i need to get it a little cheaper than i have been. I had been spending $80 for 50#'s(includes the shipping). I did find some at Northstar for about $60 including shipping. but would be about $50 w/shipping from wax house. you have to buy 250#'s and price is 95cents per #, plus the shipping is free. that is like getting 1 box of wax for free.

Just wondering if anyone else had ordered from them as i really don't want to order 250 #'s of wax and have a bad experience that could have been prevented.

Thanks!!

Heather

ps, i'm in SD i tried moon glow but their prices are more expensive in the first place, plus $20 shipping, plus $2 handling, plus the state tax. $2 to handle? they don't ever even see the wax. is shipped from wherever they get it. i asked about picking it up there-said the shipping would still be the same, go figure. so that is out of the question.

Hey, stopped into Waxhouse today. The owner was very nice....has quite the setup. They not only sell the product, but his wife makes candles with it and specializes in cut n carve. I don't have any FO's from them as I just purchased tonight and I only bought wax and glass droppers. I did notice that the FO's were from Chemessence, for what that's worth. I got the Enchanted Lites votive and container wax....if I like it, and I'm sure I will, I plan on visiting them again.

that's my 2 cents! HTH

Chris

[ps, i'm in SD i tried moon glow but their prices are more expensive in the first place, plus $20 shipping, plus $2 handling, plus the state tax. $2 to handle? they don't ever even see the wax. is shipped from wherever they get it. i asked about picking it up there-said the shipping would still be the same, go figure. so that is out of the question]

Hey Heather,

Where in SD are you? I won't buy from Moon glow either due their handeling charges and shipping on wax even when you pick it up at their location. Ended up being more expensive then what I was using. I order most of my wax from Bittercreek North and get the 200# UPS weight on the shipping.

Kymber,

I am in Mobridge, SD. I have a friend who has family out in Rapid that could pick it up for me. so i emailed them to see what they would charge if you picked it up there. It was still $14 to ship it to them, on top of their already higher price of about $50 for 50#'s. i was getting it from Millcreek soy but the shipping was as expensive as the wax itself-but still cheaper than Moonglo... that's when i found waxhouse.

Where in SD are you? I had wanted to try to keep business local, but at that kind of price i can't afford to. plus, charging a $2 handling fee when they aren't even handling it seemed kinda riddiculous to me!!

What is the cost of getting the 200#'s to you? i had looked into that and didn't look like i was saving any money.

Heather

I'll have to pull my last invoice and see what the total shipping was. I am thinking around $17 a case. The ezsoy is $37 for 50#'s so that makes it around $54 a case. I will be ordering some this week and i;ll let you know. I usually also have it in 2 days...super fast shipping! Use a lot of their FO's too.

I ordered FO's from them a few months back and was happy, but don't think i ordered wax.

That is just as cheap as the waxhouse/scentmaster price and i wouldn't need to have 250#'s of it sitting around.

Thanks. I think i will order my wax at BCN instead of anywhere else!!

where at in SD are you? I haven't met many people in SD that make candles/b&B so it would be nice to have a buddy in my own state.

Heather