Golden Shea....

CareBear

Michelle, that's what I'm trying next - can you give me an idea of how you use it? I don't have a recipe I'm in love with and am hoping this will be my magic bullet!

For example: do you use it in a complex combo or as the full butter in your lotion bars?

Michelle, that's what I'm trying next - can you give me an idea of how you use it? I don't have a recipe I'm in love with and am hoping this will be my magic bullet!

For example: do you use it in a complex combo or as the full butter in your lotion bars?

I add it to other ingredients. Off the top of my head my lotion bar has beeswax, avacodo oil, macadamia nut oil, golden shea, FO.

I got some of the golden shea in the co-op also, but I wanted to try it without any oils just a fragrance oil and that didn't seem to work for me. It ended up turning more into a solid lotion than the whipped I had hoped for. I think with this shea that you need other oils to keep it lotion like. I may be wrong but this is what happened to me.

I just did a little batch of lotion bar - totally off the top of my head:

40% golden shea

30% jojoba

30% beeswax

It was a little soft for me - I like a hard bar, but I think it will be great in my sticks when I can find the containers amongst all my stuff. (It's a challenge to get them hard without getting that tacky beeswax thing going).

I'm going to try upping the GS a bit, and lowering the oil to see if I can get a nice solid bar for using in my hand. MIght also try sticking in a bit of carnuba.