1st day open house results

Trae

Things were slow today. Had about 10 people show. Made $477. Not too bad but could be better. I'm expecting quite a few people tomorrow so hopefully they come ready to buy! I certainly hope so because since the school holiday shop was a bomb, I have lots of stuff left! DD made "Cake in a Mug" to sell at her own little table so she made $25. I'll post again tomorrow with final results. :)

Our first "Open House" was today...we had about 12 people show up and we ended up with about $420...we thought it was GREAT!! LOL Can you tell we are fairly new to this??? Before it ended, I was downstairs trying to put as many gift baskets together as possible because tomorrow we have another one...and we had sold out of several items! Tomorrow's open house is at a different location, so we had to pack everything up....never again will we do open houses back to back unless we keep it at one location!

Good Luck tomorrow!

I advertised by sending out flyers. I send them to everyone I know, even those I know won't come. Figured maybe one day they'll change their mind. What gets me mad is I had TONS of people asking me if and when I'm having my open house this year and these are the people that don't show! Last year I had most of the people show up on Saturday. Hope that's not the case this year! I know of 6 definitely coming tomorrow so I'm crossing my fingers that more show up.

The cake in a mug is fun for kids. My DD has the attention span of a gnat so this was something simple for her to put together. We got mugs at WalMart for 60 cents and she sold them for $5. Even made herself little business cards! Here's a link for the directions:

http://www.budget101.com/recipes/id195.htm

Jane...good luck with your open house!

We did the same thing...sent flyers to everyone who had ever shown any interest in our candles. We were also surprised that many of the ones that had been asking us when we were going to have an open house didn't show. Almost all of our customers were buying gifts for Christmas, so I don't believe we would have done as well if it had been any other time of the year.

It has been a TON of work, and since my partner and I both work full-time, we are reconsidering just how many shows and open houses we can handle right now......I think we are going to back off a bit and take a break. My husband is feeling a bit neglected..:undecided . For the past month, I have run home from work and headed straight to the "shop" to work - then working all weekend making candles and baskets. The house is a total disaster!

Open houses can get as tricky as Craft Shows. We've done 3 so far at our house - last November collected about $700; this September collected $1200; this November collected $600! They are a lot of work but we much prefer this where we can leave everything out for a while and there's not the rush of hauling everthing into the car at the end...and there's no booth fee!!

We also pass out/mail out announcements. For September I printed 300 flyers and we wrote about 40 tickets! We put scratch offs on those and people seemed to like the idea.

We've actually left all the products up from the one in November - makes it much easier if someone wants to stop by and shop for a Christmas gift or if we have to grab a bunch for an order.

Good luck to everyone with their sales.