ISO emulsifying sugar scrub recipe

zeozott

Hi everyone! This is my first post, I use to belong to another board for many years, created a great business with many faithful customers, met a guy, moved...blah, blah. Not planning to restart the biz, though I've relocated to my original city, BUT I misplaced my recipe book and need my emulsifying sugar scrub recipe for Christmas presents! The scrub turned to lotion when the shower or bath water hit it, which prevented the greasy oil issue.

I'd love to have the basic recipe again, I was thinking of making a lotion base sans water, then mixing it with sugar to see if that was it (car accident=brain damage=memory probs). Anyway, I would really appreciate it if anyone here can share their basic recipe, I'll be tweaking it to suit the oils and additives I have on hand. I mainly just need to know how much emulsifying wax to add to the oils, I can't remember if stearic acid was absolutely necessary or not. If so, I'd need to know that amount too.

This board look GREAT, I hope I can help out others here, I always loved the cosmetics boards, super people with so many wonderful ideas.

Thanks guys! Zeo

• 4 weeks later...
Hi everyone! This is my first post, I use to belong to another board for many years, created a great business with many faithful customers, met a guy, moved...blah, blah. Not planning to restart the biz, though I've relocated to my original city, BUT I misplaced my recipe book and need my emulsifying sugar scrub recipe for Christmas presents! The scrub turned to lotion when the shower or bath water hit it, which prevented the greasy oil issue.

I'd love to have the basic recipe again, I was thinking of making a lotion base sans water, then mixing it with sugar to see if that was it (car accident=brain damage=memory probs). Anyway, I would really appreciate it if anyone here can share their basic recipe, I'll be tweaking it to suit the oils and additives I have on hand. I mainly just need to know how much emulsifying wax to add to the oils, I can't remember if stearic acid was absolutely necessary or not. If so, I'd need to know that amount too.

This board look GREAT, I hope I can help out others here, I always loved the cosmetics boards, super people with so many wonderful ideas.

Thanks guys! Zeo

Hi, I'm new to this board, but I saw your post and I think I know the recipe to which you're referring. I made it myself recently and everyone just loves it! The website is protected, so I couldn't copy and paste the recipe, but it's on the following page:

http://www.ellensessentials.com/recipes.htm#EBS

Hope that helps

• 2 months later...