EZ Soy Votives

Does anyone make these? Are they difficult? I'm thinking about trying out some votives but don't especially want to start testing new wax. Supposedly a few additives to EZ Soy, and you can use it for votives... just wondering if anyone has had any success with this?

TIA

Kelly

I'm at work right now otherwise I'd look up the precise recipe (I'm not supposed to be using the internet, so I often type a few words shrink the page, type a few words shrink the page) but I think BitterCreek.com says to add some steric acid?

Hopefully someone will say they've had some success with this otherwise I'll probably have to look into another soy for votives.

Thanks for your response.

I've made votives w/ EZ Soy for about 5 yrs. I've messed w/ different additives over the yrs & this is what I do now: 1 tsp PSA & .40oz beeswax per lb. The votives are quite sturdy, smooth, very little frosting & no cracks. Not sure how this mixture works w/ metal molds, since I'm a die-hard Dixie cup votive girl. It certainly can be done successfully & I really like this wax. Also, I use this formula for my votives & containers -- Susan.

PSA? What does the "P" stand for? Also Dixie cup votives?! Are they the 'standard' size? And fit into votive holders? That is a great idea!

Thanks so much for sharing, I might give that recipe a try to see if it works for me.

~Kelly~

Sorry - PSA is Palm Stearic Acid. The 2oz metal molds are the standard. My votives are 3oz & won't fit into the straight-sided votive holders, so I always recommend either flower pot or large oyster cup holders. Get the wax coated Dixie cups, set your wick, fill them & just peel the paper off when they've set up. Works really well for me.

Susan.

• 2 months later...
I've made votives w/ EZ Soy for about 5 yrs. I've messed w/ different additives over the yrs & this is what I do now: 1 tsp PSA & .40oz beeswax per lb. The votives are quite sturdy, smooth, very little frosting & no cracks. Not sure how this mixture works w/ metal molds, since I'm a die-hard Dixie cup votive girl. It certainly can be done successfully & I really like this wax. Also, I use this formula for my votives & containers -- Susan.

Susan,

I know this is a funny question, but is .40 oz of beeswax a little less than 1 TBS ? I think 2 TBS is 1 oz so half would be about 1 TBS.. and since you add .40 that is a little less.. Do you weigh this out or just use measuring spoons??? Funny question I know but am not sure about all this math stuff:confused: Also with this combo of the PSA and BW what % do you add for FO?? Is that something you can share??!!!!

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP