Finally! A Unity Candle

flutterbye

After 2 months, I've finally finished the Unity candle. The picture in the background is of the couple thats getting married, I just printed it and the poem they wanted on a piece of fabric. Its an everlasting pillar with a tealight in the top, scented Rose. Just thought I'd share...It was a PITA to make! I never want to make one again though!:tongue2:

post-3146-139458413966_thumb.jpg

Gorgeous candle. I'm so glad you posted that you printed on fabric. We were talking about this at work the other night. One of the RN's does cross-stitch and asked if it was possible to print on fabric (not using a transfer). Can I ask if you had to use a special printer ink to print on fabric and does it smear? Thanks so much!

Gorgeous candle. I'm so glad you posted that you printed on fabric. We were talking about this at work the other night. One of the RN's does cross-stitch and asked if it was possible to print on fabric (not using a transfer). Can I ask if you had to use a special printer ink to print on fabric and does it smear? Thanks so much!

You use regular ink and you take whatever fabric you want to use and cut it a little bit smaller than the paper size that will go in the printer(a thicker cardstock works best) Then you spray the back of the fabric with repositional adheasive(at any craft store) smooth it down on the paper real good and print. It peels right off the paper and doesnt feel sticky at all. It works really well and is so easy to do!