Help?

My wife has been experimenting with making container candles. She uses all natural 100% beeswax, and her first attempt is burning enough -- i.e., the flame is tiny, and looks to be burning straight down into the candle, rather than evenly across the surface. My theory is that the flame is not burning hot enough to melt the surface properly.

Any theories or suggestions?

You will not get a full melt pool at ALL using 100% BW for containers. I have a hard time getting a full melt pool using the 2nd to largest size wick, and that is only using a small percentage.

If you are shooting for containers, you will need to blend with a container wax.

If you are just shooting for 100% BW, you will need to stick to votives, and pillars.

Use the search right up top and enter BeesWax, that should get you some info. :wink2:

In order to get a full melt pool with 100% beeswax in a container you will have to use a very large wick and your container will get much too hot and possibly break. It's best for containers if mixed with a container wax of some sort.......either soy or paraffin will work. Straight beeswax is best used like Tess said for votives, pillars or tapers. :cool2:

In order to get a full melt pool with 100% beeswax in a container you will have to use a very large wick and your container will get much too hot and possibly break. It's best for containers if mixed with a container wax of some sort.......either soy or paraffin will work. Straight beeswax is best used like Tess said for votives, pillars or tapers. :cool2:

Yep forgot tapers lol. I forgot about the glass getting hot. That was my issue recently. Good Luck!! Oh and just a tip, on your future posts, as a title try using something more specific than "help" Maybe put like "beeswax help" This way you can catch the attention of those who are most likely to be of help. :highfive: