The accidental pillar

I don't know if this has happened to any of you but I have been pouring 12 oz frosted tumblers and am having problems with the entire candle not adhering to the frosted glass and slipping out if held upside-down.

Although I realize the first solution would be not to hold the candles upside-down, getting actual adhesion is what I am after. :D

Oh, and I am using a 50/50 parasoy blend with no other additives and a 9% fragrance load.... any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

"Are you certain it's a container wax? You might want to share the wax brand and where you purchased it so someone who uses the same wax can help you out."

Yes, up until I tried pouring in frosted glass it was a container wax.

I once bought a candle from a store, and it was made by a chandler from Minnesota. It was a leaded crystal tumbler that was wide at the top, conducive to having the wax slid eout if it did not adhere. The wax appeared to be all vegetable, and it adhered very well.

I suspect that you may have to stop using parasoy in the tumbler, since the paraffin in the soy tends to make it shrink alot moreso that an all-veggie one. OR change tumblers to one that is a bit wider at the bottom than the top, so it does not slide out when inverted.

The only parasoy I found that adhered pretty well was the Greenleaf 70/30. I think the 50/50 parasoys have too much paraffin to keep them from pulling away.

HTH! geek :D