Zen-cart Help Request (Installation)

Funky Monkey

Hi all. I've check the documentation and can't find what I'm looking or. I need some help removing the banner off the top o a new zcart installation. It currently says:

warning.gif Warning: Installation directory exists at: /kunden/homepages/21/d186789348/htdocs/zc_install. Please remove this directory for security reasons.

warning.gif Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /kunden/homepages/21/d186789348/htdocs/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file (read-only, CHMOD 644 or 444 are typical). You may need to use your webhost control panel/file-manager to change the permissions effectively. Contact your webhost for assistance.

WTH is kunden? This is a new cart for me and I'm a bit on the confused side. Help is appreciated. TIA

Funky

LOL that's some "banner"!

Yeah you need to fix a couple of safety glitches here. Okay, so what you have to do is go into the backend of your website via the Control Panel or FTP. Find the folder for ZenCart titled: "zc_install" and delete it. If you can, first FTP download a copy of it from your website to store on your computer for safe keeping, in case you ever need it again.

Next you have to open your "includes" folder and CHMOD the "configure.php" file to 644 (rw-r--r--). That is, you're changing the file's write access permissions so that other people can only read the contents of the file, not change it.

There are a few other things you should do to shore up the security of your Zen Cart. Here's the official list of them:

http://tutorials.zen-cart.com/index.php?article=73

HTH! :)

Oh, and "kunden" is probably just the name of the server you're on. ;)

Mags...I love you...

Thank you so very much. I've been knee deep since 10:00 am this morning, I'm thinking I'll call it a night. At this point I am questioning my own HTML - that can't be good.

I'll work your instructions in the am. Be prepared for another shout for help :)

Thanks again!