scent retention

Sherl

I keep mine in cardboard boxes (one scent per box) and in the plastic shoe boxes with some paper (I haven't had it happen, but worry that the plastic might make them mold or go funky so I keep something in there to absorb moisture). Some scents seem to hold better than others.

• 2 weeks later...

I put them in the grocery store brown paper bags or use the cardboard shoe box things they sell at craft stores for vhs or dvd storage.

I was told once to put a bit of cardboard or cottonball with fo on it inside with the soaps but I have not tried that yet. I dont think plastic would work for me (high humidity area) and I fear funky soap from that option.

I tracked my faders for a while and phased them out or blended them with an eo/fo that would stick better in soap. I use about 1/4 tsp per pound of cosmetic clay (kaolin, rose etc) in a batch just on the rumor/hope it helps retain the scent a bit. Some soaps I care for and store them knowing they will mellow but once at their new home they kick out the strong scent again once they are being used.

An older lady told me she shaves off a thin bit of the soap with a vege peeler when the scent starts to fade. She only uses handmade soap as a sachet (I know, I tried) and that was her solution to fading scent.